PARADE CHECKLIST – It won’t be long now! Main/Champlain Streets will be lined with excited locals and visitors attending the Royale Greater Moncton Santa Claus Parade! Here are some things you need to take note of in order to enjoy this year’s event to the MAX!
- The annual Holiday Open House and Tree Lighting Ceremony at Moncton City Hall on Saturday will have complimentary festive treats served in the City Hall lobby from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m., while the lighting of the tree will take place outdoors in the City Hall Plaza at 5:30 pm.
- The Greater Moncton Santa Claus Parade will begin at 5 p.m. at the corner of Cameron and Main streets. Santa Claus is expected to pass by Moncton City Hall shortly after 6 p.m.
- The Moncton Wildcats will take on the Drummondville Voltigeurs at 7:30pm at the Avenir Centre! Doors will open at 5:30pm for season ticket holders/club seats/suites, and at 6pm for general admission.
- Street Closure Details (the closed streets will be reopened as the parade passes):
From 1 p.m. until approximately 7 p.m., closure of Vaughan Harvey Blvd. from the Millennium Blvd./John St.
intersection to the entrance of the Sobeys on Vaughan Harvey Blvd. leaving the intersections of Vaughan
Harvey Blvd. open to traffic.
From 3 p.m. until approximately 7 p.m., closure of the Vaughan Harvey Blvd./Main St. intersection.
From 3 p.m. until approximately 7 p.m., closure of Main St. from Vaughan Harvey Blvd. to Cameron St.
From 4 p.m. until approximately 7 p.m., closure of Main St. from Cameron St., and of Champlain Street
(Dieppe), to Paul St.
From 4:30 p.m. until approximately 7 p.m., closure of Downing Street.
- Canada Post wants to assure kids of all ages bringing their Santa Wish Lists that despite the ongoing negotiation; delivery of letters to Santa is guaranteed!
- And remember to bring non-perishable food items for Food Depot Alimentaire to donate. Volunteers will be at front of Parade collecting using shopping carts.
- And Best of All the Weather Forecast is promising ideal conditions. Daytime Sunshine with -4; Clear night and -7:)