Outdoor Rink Program
The City of Moncton is currently accepting applications from neighbourhood groups who wish to be considered for the Outdoor Rink Program. The rink location must be chosen from one of the following parks equipped with a water source:
- Braemar Park – 45 Centre Street
- Brentwood Park – 150 Brentwood Drive
- Canadian Heights Park –35 Chelsea Road
- Candlewood Park – 90 Candlewood Drive
- Codiac Heights Park – 100 Olympic Crescent
- Fairview Knoll Park – 111 Fairview Knoll Drive
- Grove Hamlet – 39 Ripplewood Road
- Hamilton Heights- 120 Evergreen Drive
- Knox Park – 75 Knox Drive
- Lewisville Park – 45 Glenmoor Drive
- Maplehurst Park – 115 Maplehurst Drive
- Pauline Frizzell Park – 387 Salisbury Road
- Prince Edward Park – 25 Burlington Avenue
- Roxborough Park – 140 Barrington Crescent
- Westbrook Park – 16 Community Avenue
The following guidelines should be reviewed before applying to the program:
- City will supply and install the rink boards, provide water access via the heated water box at the park and supply a water hose.
- Rink size is 12.2 m by 18.3 m (40 feet by 60 feet).
- The rink does not include a liner.
- City staff will inspect the rinks monthly to ensure safety and proper use; rinks that are not maintained are not eligible for a rink the following year.
- A minimum of four volunteers are needed who are committed to maintain the rink.
- Volunteers are responsible for all labour and maintenance associated with the rink.
Neighbourhood groups are invited to submit their application by filling out the Outdoor Rink Program Application Form at moncton.ca. The deadline for applications is November 1st, 2019 for the 2019-2020 winter season.
For more information, contact Parks and Leisure Services at 853-3516.